My name is Aldís Elfarsdóttir (all-deese elfar’s-daughter). I’m an artist and academic adventurer, looking forward to hydrogen-powered aircraft.
I stay grounded and connected with love for people, spirit of goodness, and earth. And I see that creativity and climate action intersect in the design and implementation of climate solutions and actionable research.
So I set out to explore this intersection as my life’s work, along with many other things, like relationships, spirituality, and how to experience more peace in life.
My studio is my academic study and artistic creation space.
This past year there was a lot of creativity, supported by a lot of people:
- Violin (mostly Bach)
- Writing (non-fiction)
- Painting (oil on canvas)
- Digital drawings (faces)
- Clothes (learning to sew)
- Podcasting (“Walk The Talk”)
Feel free to contact me at aldis @ aldis.studio.
Books and Other Writings
I am writing three books of my own at the moment, and reading a great many others that I find through Little Free Libraries and Public Libraries.
My three books:
- Beginnings in Utrecht, a memoir
- The Chicken Keepers, a children’s book
- Recipes to Take to Grad School, a cookbook
- “To all the books I’ve ever loved…” (forthcoming)
- Poetry & Insights, Speculative Dream Fiction
- Figures for Figuring Things Out
- Reconciling Nuclear Legacy with Nuclear Potential
- From Turf Houses to Green Buildings and Cities
- Nuclear Conversations I: Stream of Consciousness
- Nuclear Conversations II: Reflections and Progressions forthcoming)
Best books I read this month:
- Emergent Strategy, Adrienne Maree Brown
- The Artist’s Way, Julia Cameron
- What The F**k is a Spiritual Awakening Anyway?, Emma Lucy Wall
Clothes in the Making
Well… I’m not very good at this yet. I’m learning how to sew.
Yet as you can see, I’m proud of my first trousers, made from an old bedsheet.
If you’d like to make your own, I recommend this tutorial.
Drawings & Paintings
Below is my latest oil on canvas painting.
I’d like to take this moment to send you thanks. Thank you!
Thank you to my Patrons:
I serenade givers with digital portraits and other creative forms as materials allow.
To request a digital portrait, see here.